Saturday, July 31, 2010

An Eye Opening Experience

Today has been a great day and a great experience.

The hubby and I went with other people from our church to the Salvation Army and served lunch to the people who come there and stay there.
People of all ages, from very little kids, to senior citizins. Watching all the people line up as soon as our pastor said it was time to eat and come back for seconds and thirds until almost all the food was gone was just amazing.
In every day life people take things (like meals) for granted, we (myself majorly included) don't take time to appreciate everything and everyone around us.
There are people that are financially stable who don't have to think about where their next meal is going to come from or if they will have a bed to sleep on that night.
There are people who rely on the state and other foundations to help them with the same needs, a roof over their head, food in their kitchen, clothes on their back and things for their kids, like toys and diapers and formula.
Then there are the people and families that aren't so lucky to have either.

I told my husband as we left, if it weren't for our families helping us so much and being so supportive we would have been in that lunch line today.
God has truly blessed us with WONDERFUL and UNDERSTANDING families and I know we take them for granted, this is my way of saying that we love everyone and we are VERY thankful to everyone for what they do for us on a daily basis, and I hope that someday we can repay that kindness.

Just wanted to share this, don't take anything for granted, large or small, look at everything as a blessing and cherish it because in a moment everything could be gone.
Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where Silas and I would be without our families either. Hopefully someday Silas and I will be able to provide for our kids the way our parents have provided for us.

    ReplyDelete